COVID-19 Weekly Update, November 9th 2021Everstream Team
Everstream Analytics monitors and produces a weekly summary of supply chain impacts due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The update is provided free-of-charge to the industry.
- Due to a sharp rise in COVID-19 cases, authorities in India have imposed a strict 10-day curfew in parts of Srinagar district, including Lal Bazar, Hyderpora, Chanapora, Bemina colonies, effective from November 9.
- The government of Azerbaijan has extended the special quarantine regime imposed to combat the spread of COVID-19 until at least January 1, 2022. Land and maritime borders remain closed and the only entry and exit is via air on a limited number of commercial and charter flights operating to and from selected destinations.
- New Caledonia will impose heightened controls including a nighttime curfew from 22:00 to 05:00 local time to curb the spread of COVID-19 effective from November 13-15. All residents must stay at home except for essential needs, emergencies and medical appointments, and employment requiring an on-site presence.
- In Slovenia, authorities have tightened domestic COVID-19-related restrictions in response to rising case numbers. All travelers arriving by plane or ship must complete an electronic passenger locator form (dPLF form) before arrival.
- Latvia will lift the nighttime curfew from 20:00 to 05:00 local time from November 15; however, all other restrictions will remain in effect.
- The Chilean government has extended the measures to stem the spread of COVID-19 until at least November 30. International flights are limited to the Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport in Santiago, the Diego Aracena International Airport in Iquique, the Andres Sabella Galvez International Airport in Antofagasta, and the Presidente Carlos Ibanez del Campo International Airport in Punta Arenas.
- Authorities in Peru have modified and extended COVID-19-related restrictions until at least November 14. The country continues to vary restrictions by province based on the provincial risk designations. A nighttime curfew from 23:00 to 04:00 local time has been imposed in designated high-risk locations (currently Junin Region and Ica Region in Chanchamayo province and the Piura Region in Sullana province).
- Austria has tightened domestic restrictions for the unvaccinated to combat the spread of COVID-19 amid rising infection rates, effective November 8.