COVID-19 Weekly Update, October 5th 2021Everstream Team
Everstream Analytics monitors and produces a weekly summary of supply chain impacts due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The update is provided free-of-charge to the industry.
- Authorities in Laos prolonged the national lockdown for two weeks until October 15 due to a rising number of cases.
- Authorities in Auckland, New Zealand to scale back COVID-19 measures from October 6. Residents will be allowed to leave their homes, with a limit of ten people.
- Taiwan extended Level-2 rules nationwide through October 18, while more domestic restrictions are to be eased as of October 5.
- Brunei tightens movement restrictions through October 17 amid increased COVID-19 activity. Under the measures, a nightly 20:00-04:00 curfew is in effect with exemptions for emergencies.
- Authorities in Kenya extend the country’s COVID-19 restrictions with curfew hours set from 22:00 until 04:00 local time to remain in effect until at least November 4.
- Costa Rica extended COVID-19 business and movement restrictions nationwide through at least October 15. A nightly ban on movement and business operations remains in effect between 21:00-05:00.
- Authorities in Paraguay extended COVID-19-related restrictions until at least October 12. A daily 02:00-05:00 curfew remains in effect.