COVID-19 Weekly Update, August 31st 2021Everstream Team
Everstream Analytics monitors and produces a weekly summary of supply chain impacts due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The update is provided free-of-charge to the industry.
- Cargo operations have resumed at Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) in China amid disruptions due to a COVID-19 outbreak among local handling personnel on August 20. However, week-long delays on air freight shipments are expected.
- Authorities in New Zealand have extended the lockdown in Auckland and Northland until at least September 14 after 70 new COVID-19 community cases were detected.
- Similarly, New South Wales will remain in lockdown until at least September 10 due to the continuous rise of COVID-19 cases in Australia.
- In Bulgaria, authorities extended the state of emergency until at least November 30 as the country enters its fourth pandemic wave.
- The Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine COVID-19-related restrictions have been extended in the Philippines until at least September 7 for Metro Manila and 15 other areas.
- Authorities in Sri Lanka have extended lockdown measures until at least September 6 as the country continues to record a high number of COVID-19 infections.
- In Japan, a state of emergency is in effect in a total of 21 prefectures until at least September 21, as restrictions have recently been extended to 8 additional prefectures.
- In India, West Bengal state has extended COVID-19 lockdown measures until September 15, with nightly curfew hours to remain in place between 23:00 and 05:00 local time.