COVID-19 Weekly Update, May 18th 2021Everstream Team
Everstream Analytics monitors and produces a weekly summary of supply chain impacts due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The update is provided free-of-charge to the industry.
- In Turkey, authorities have eased the daytime lockdown measures, but kept the overnight and weekend curfews in place.
- The Government of Greece has relaxed countrywide COVID-19 restrictions. Nightly curfews were pushed back and restrictions on regional travel lifted.
- Singapore will return to COVID-19 lockdown-like restrictions from May 16 to June 13 amid a recent rise in infections.
- Vietnamese authorities have ordered four industrial parks to close in Bac Giang Province due to a new COVID-19 outbreak, with Foxconn and Luxshare Precision factories both being impacted.
- Taiwanese authorities raised alerts levels in Taipei and New Taipei City after a spike in infections, while countrywide travel restrictions were tightened for a month.
- Several seaports in India are experiencing operational disruptions due to the COVID-19 situation in the country, including the ports of Karaikal, Vizag and Mundra.
- The Mapp Kyakhta border between Russia and Mongolia will remain closed for passenger and cargo movement until June 2 amid concerns about COVID-19.