COVID-19 Weekly Update, April 7th 2021Everstream Team
Everstream Analytics monitors and produces a weekly summary of supply chain impacts due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The update is provided free-of-charge to the industry.
- Authorities in Bangladesh imposed a nationwide lockdown from April 5-12, restricting non-essential movement outside of residence. All other existing measures remain in effect.
- Chile closed its borders for one month starting April 5 following a spike in COVID-19 cases. All international commercial flights are suspended.
- President Emmanuel Macron ordered the third 4-week nationwide lockdown in France beginning April 3, closing all non-essential businesses.
- In Kuwait, authorities have extended an ongoing curfew by another two weeks until April 22, although now with shorter hours from 19:00 to 05:00.
- The Philippine government has extended a lockdown for another week, until April 11, as rising COVID-19 infection rates began to overwhelm the country’s hospitals.
- Oman has tightened restrictions in the light of rising COVID-19 cases, reducing the percentage of working personnel to 50 percent until further notice.
- Authorities in Quebec, Canada, have placed five more municipalities in the Chaudiere-Appalaches region under lockdown as of April 5. Non-essential businesses have been ordered to close.