COVID-19 Weekly Update, March 31st 2021Everstream Team
Everstream Analytics monitors and produces a weekly summary of supply chain impacts due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The update is provided free-of-charge to the industry.
- The Turkish Government will re-instate stricter COVID-19 measures, including full weekend lockdowns in high-risk areas. Nationwide weekend lockdowns will also be enforced throughout Ramadan.
- In Peru, authorities will enforce a lockdown, including a 24-hour curfew and restrictions on non-essential movement, from Aril 1-4.
- Several auto makers such as Volkswagen, General Motors, Mercedes Benz, and Honda temporarily suspended operations in Brazil amid rising infection numbers and new restrictions.
- In Ruili, a Chinese city on the border with Myanmar, authorities ordered a one-week quarantine for residents due to new local COVID-19 cases.
- Argentina suspended flights from Brazil, Chile, and Mexico from March 27 to prevent different strains of COVID-19 from entering the country.
- United Airlines confirmed plans to resume all routes to Latin America and the Caribbean from May following COVID-19 related flight suspensions.
- Portugal has extended its nationwide state-of-emergency until April 15. The border closure with Spain has been extended until April 6.