COVID-19 Weekly Update, March 24th 2021Everstream Team
Everstream Analytics monitors and produces a weekly summary of supply chain impacts due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The update is provided free-of-charge to the industry.
- Germany extended lockdown measures until April 18. A strict lockdown over Easter between April 1-5 has been announced but is expected to be reversed later today.
- The Netherlands extended its COVID-19 lockdown restrictions until April 20. However, curfew restrictions are to be eased by 1 hour from 22:00 until 04:30 local time.
- Honduras extended COVID-19 related curfew restrictions until March 28, with all other measures to remain unchanged. Curfew hours are currently 22:00 – 05:00 local time.
- U.S. borders with Canada and Mexico are to remain closed for non-essential travel until at least April 21. Cargo trade and essential travel remain open.
- Authorities in Sikkim State, India, have imposed a nightly curfew with restrictions on commercial establishments and vehicular movement. Exceptions are allowed for commercial goods vehicles.
- Pakistan tightened COVID-19 restrictions from March 23 until April 11. Restrictions are to impact operations at non-essential businesses. Affected areas include the capital city Islamabad.
- Trains delays and congestion reported between China and Russia at the Trans-Baikalsk -Manchuria and the Naushki-Suhe-Bator border crossings. Shipments are delayed due to COVID-19 checks.